5/11/2004

"A Little Smut Never Hurt Anybody"

Got an email with pictures from my Mom this morning. (I'll add a pic on here as soon as I figure out HOW TO!)

She's so cute. Really adorable. She's gorgeous too! Men just stop and stare at her, even with her pushing 60(I am SO dead for saying that). I'm not just saying that. She really is. She has taken good care of herself and looks much younger than she is, would look even more so if she didn't have such dammed health problems.

Z says she looks like a slightly older Sharon Stone (how Sharon looks now), and there is something about her that does, although I can't put my finger on it exactly. She has such a big heart, my Mama. Solid 24k!I'm not just saying that either. She does. Z's family that HATE ME, LOVE My Mama. So there(even when she called them all assholes to their faces for mistreating her baby-that would be ME!!)! I don't think I look much of anytthing like her. I look like my Dad's mother... my Nana.... right down to the bosom... exactly. Only difference is that I have bright clear green eyes and hers were swimming pool blue and her temper, from what I've heard, was worse than mine. Oh yeah, gotta love that Irish temper!

Anyway, Mama mentioned that she will send a care package for Arianna full of Summer goodies and clothes, etc.. and included are some of the novels I ordered and had sent to her address. Ok, they are historical romance novels for my Calgon moments when I just need to be mentally somewhere else for a while. Get off my ass. They make me happy.

Now. Ahem.

I love my Nana. Still do even though she passed away 9 years ago. She was my Dad's mother... (and didn't take no-ones shit, especially not HIS!), me not having ever known my maternal grandparents who passed way before I was born.

Anyway, Mama, who was always real close with Nana and said she was the best.. ABSOLUTE BEST mother in law ANYONE could EVER HAVE, mentioned that my Nana always used to read romances too...voraciously (aw... I LOVE my Nana. Miss her something fierce) Nana always used to say, apparently, "a little smut never did anyone any harm". Also when she would go to the movies with her friends and they would be having hissyfits about the sex and language she would say "Shut the hell up!! I can't hear anything!! A little smut isnt going to kill you!" Isn't that just the cutest? I can TOTALLY picture her face when she said it too. Quite expressive she was.

I just get a warm fuzzy feeling when I get little insights into my family like this. Especially things about my immediate family, since I can make sense out of things about myself.

Think I'll go and read a book. This one's for you Nana!

No comments: