3/20/2005

Welcome To My NIGHTMARE

Otherwise known as "nyah nyah nyah nyah Nyahhhhh NYAAAAAH DAD!".

*cue "Under the Sea" song from Little Mermaid now*

Perhaps some of you long-time Haven readers may recall my little dislike of sharks and deep water swimming? The whole debate with my Daddy at the age of around 7 or so about the dangers?

It was really his damn fault in the first place. He figured making me READ the book Jaws when the movie was out (cause there was no way I would go see it) would make me overcome my fears.

Big Mistake DADDY.

You also might recall that he always told me they would never come near shore. (nice try). And I am quite positive that he was just saying that to make me calm the hell down as I clung to his neck out DEEP in the water, cutting off his air with my deathgrip. Yeah, quite possible, now that I look back on the situation. That realization did nothing to stop me from rubbing it in his face a few years ago (read: 25 years + later) when some poor sucker standing waist deep - if that- off a Florida beach (where I grew up and said choking incident of my father way-the-hell-out-so-far-people-on-the-beach-looked-like-termites occured, mind you!) was killed, or chomped on by a shark. whatever.

Fast forward to today. While I am cruising through CNN (God bless them). I read. THIS.

This is exactly the kind of shit I was worried about. A 20 ft shark? Tore that poor bastard IN HALF while snorkeling.
I can only hope he didn't know what the fuck hit him. Its enough, really, that I do. 20. Foot. Shark. That is one big damn shark, no?
*shudder*



*Dad, I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!! (Let me enjoy it. I mean, I've rarely ever been able to say that to him, and consider living to brag about it!!)

No comments: