6/16/2005

Spilling My Guts

Hey y'all!

I thought I'd merge last week and this week's Inquisition into, well, this week's Inquisition Confession since I was so, erm, tardy in answering. *ahem!*

One or two of you actually threw me for a loop "this week" and made me – GASP!! – think!! Imagine that!?? Well, let's cut to the chase, shall we my darlings?

Bre asked me:

If you had to pick one book and one book only, to read for the rest of your life (say all other books mysteriously vanish) which one would it be and why? I already know, btw that it is some type of romance novel....lol

Bre hon, you've killed me! I have been dragging my tail around trying to figure out what book to tell you. I really have!

That, my dear, was the question from hell for a person that loves reading and is really a voracious reader. Add to the fact that while I may have a generally iffy memory for some things, I am a very 'visual' person and as such, when I read a book, I am immersed in it, in my head it is like watching a movie, if that makes any kind of sense to you.

All the books in the world vanishing but for one? Sounds like the work of Lord Voldemort to me! (Harry Potter fans will be nodding, the rest of you, stop with the blank looks and Google it already!)

Let me see. Some of you will probably be all disappointed in me if I don't say "The Bible", I am sure. And if all the books disappear, I suppose my holding on to a holy book would be a good thing for mankind, now wouldn't it?

But I'm not one to impose religion-any religion, nor am I one to be judgmental between the different religions. In fact, since the three MAIN religions (Christianity, Judaism, and Islam) worship the same entity, yet call Him by a different name; it's all good in my book. God is God and as the Muslims say "God is Great", period!

So, no Bible.

Maybe a huge ass medical reference book, if I want to do some good for mankind?

But that's kind of boring. Hmmm, something like History of the World perhaps from beginning to present. Boy, would that be a big book! I love me some history!

If you are insistent about a romance novel, then, anything by Kat Martin, Catherine Coulter, Jane Feather, Julie Garwood, or Amanda Scott.


Shylah, better late than never, said:

I'm slow and late and all that crap, but I wanna ask anyway. And I know you'll answer cause you love me. What's the funniest thing Ari's ever said?

You're right sweetie, I love ya to bits!!! You asked me a toughie because some pretty funny stuff comes flying out of her mouth. Constantly.

I can't even think, because my mind is occupied with the doozy I heard my boss say yesterday in a speech in front of the whole company! Bless his heart, I know it was meant in the best possible way, but... jeez! It went a little something like this!

He was speaking about people being human and making mistakes, and how that is acceptable, and that everybody screws up,but what he ended up saying was:

"You know, it's ok, because we are all human, and we all screw sometimes. You know! We all SCREW.. heh heh heh.... it's human nature!"

I shit you not, y'all. He really said that! Loud and serious, in front of the WHOLE ORGANIZATION! Now THAT'S what I call a realistic pep talk!

I was digging my nails into my palm and sniggering with my girlfriend at work as quietly as possible. Unfortunately it didn't work and I'm still laughing my ass off everytime I think about it, and that's pretty often!

Cheryl B. :

What is the nicest thing you have done for someone that didn't know it was you who did it?

Just at work I do that kind of thing about 90% of my day! I usually do things for people, fix things or protect them without them knowing so that my boss doesn't get pissed at them. Anyone that knows me, could tell you I tend to do nice things for people in general and I'm not usually one to brag about what I've done, so if you find out, it most likely wouldn't be from me! It's been said that I'm TOO NICE, in fact.

They're probably right. It always turns around to bite me in the ass. But I am who I am.

Well, thank you all for being so patient with me. I hope you enjoyed reading the answers to your questions. If you don't hear from me before the weekend, have a great one!

Love,

Scarlett Cyn

No comments: