7/07/2005

Horrifying Deja Vu

I was just wrapping up a meeting I was attending away from my office when I saw the news starting to trickle in on Sky News (the UK version of CNN) on the wall of plasma screen tv's of the explosions in London today.

I had the same sick feeling that I did back on September 11 when I first heard about the attacks on the WTC buildings. I thought to myself "power surge, my ass, this is an attack of some kind. I hope it isn't only the beginning."

Never have I wished I was more wrong.

In the past hours, I have been glued to my cnn.com homepage, watching the unfolding scenes and news with complete horror.

It's happening all over again, and I'm willing to put my money on the brain behind it, too. It has all the earmarks of The mad genius, for that is what you-know-who is, perverting and distorting the tennants of a religion for his own purposes. The timeline, the synchronization was too disgustingly, sickeningly perfect. One hell of a trademark.

My heart, prayers, and sympathy goes out to the people of London.

What is interesting is my theory about the whole horrific happenings today. The day after it was announced that London had won the Olympics bid and the G8 Summit. Coincidence? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 'sleepers' waiting for news of which city won the bid to make their move today. Sick bastards.

If you will excuse me, I need to go email a few friends that live in the London area. To say I'm concerned would be an understatement.

The world is a frightening place my friends. Truly.

No comments: