11/24/2004

Happy Turkey Day!

Well, we have arrived at my second favorite day of the year. My very favorite is Christmas.

Ah... even though it entails me being in the kitchen pretty much all day... I love it! It's fortunate that I enjoy cooking. I find it quite theraputic, actually. So... that being said, there is a Butterball turkey calling my name and loads of work to do.

Like the homemade cornbread, sage & onion stuffing. A big, perfectly golden roasted turkey,Southern candied yams. Lots of mashed potatoes & gravy, cranberry sauce, hot white dinner rolls, steaming hot veggies, etc... At the end....................

Pumpkin pie.

Scarlett Cyn loves her some pumpkin pie, I tell you. In fact, I don't like to share it much. Yeah, THAT MUCH I LIKE IT. Apple or sweet potato pie you can have all to yourself, in fact! But the pumpkin? Um, no.

Well, after some thought, perhaps, if you ask me real nice... I might give you some.

I wish I wasn't so far away from my family at this time of year, particularly my Mom. That's the hardest. My Daddy makes the best roast turkey I've ever tasted in my life. (He's a great cook! Mom is good too, but even she will say dad makes a killer turkey!)

I hope all of you will take this time to say a prayer of thanks and to count your blessings, no matter how bad things may be.

I'm thankful for my decent health, for my beautiful daughter,my hubby,my family, my wonderful friends and blog readers far and wide who know I am sending each and every one of them my love on this Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!




No comments: